Access: An Important Factor in Getting Your House SOLD!
Buyer confidence and high demand remain strong in Westchester County while our local home inventory remains historically low. Purchasing a home is one of the largest financial decisions most will make in their lifetime. This blog's main purpose is to help educate the consumer on the real estate process and to provide up-to-date information on our local market conditions.
Today I would like to talk to you about Getting Your House SOLD
So, you’ve decided to sell your house. You’ve hired a real estate professional to help you through the entire process, and they have asked you what level of access you want to provide to your potential buyers.
There are four elements to a quality listing. At the top of the list is Access, followed by Condition, Financing, and Price. There are many levels of access that you can provide to your agent so that he or she can show your home.
Here are five levels of access that you can give to buyers, along with a brief description:
- Lockbox on the Door – this allows buyers the ability to see the home as soon as they are aware of the listing, or at their convenience.
- Providing a Key to the Home – although the buyer’s agent may need to stop by an office to pick up the key, there is little delay in being able to show the home.
- Open Access with a Phone Call – the seller allows showings with just a phone call’s notice.
- By Appointment Only (example: 48-Hour Notice) – Many buyers who are relocating for a new career or promotion start working in that area prior to purchasing their home. They often like to take advantage of free time during business hours (such as their lunch break) to view potential homes. Because of this, they may not be able to plan their availability far in advance or may be unable to wait 48 hours to see the house.
- Limited Access (example: the home is only available on Mondays or Tuesdays at 2pm or for only a couple of hours a day) – This is the most difficult way to be able to show your house to potential buyers.
With May proving to be the best month to sell your home, access can make or break your ability to get the price you are looking for, or even sell your house at all.
Things to Consider When Selling Your Home
Spring 2018 Edition
- What's Happening In The Housing Market
- The Housing Market Forecast
- What to Expect When Selling Your House
- Picking The Perfect Partner Agent
To assure that you make the best possible decisions, it's important that you have a knowledgeable agent on your side who is an expert in the local real estate market. Our goal is to provide you with as much information as needed to make well-informed decisions throughout your home purchase or home sale in Westchester County, New York.
To Search ALL Westchester County Real Estate Listings, visit www.Ragette.com
To reach Ralph, please call (or text) 914-202-1101 or send an email to Ralph@WestchesterHomeAdvisor.com