Thinking of Selling Your Westchester Home? Why You Need A Pro in Your Corner
Buyer confidence and high demand remain strong in Westchester County while our local home inventory remains historically low. Purchasing a home is one of the largest financial decisions most will make in their lifetime. This blog's main purpose is to help educate the consumer on the real estate process and to provide up-to-date information on our local market conditions.
Today I would like to talk to you about Selling Your Home
With home prices on the rise and buyer demand strong, some sellers may be tempted to try and sell their homes on their own (FSBO) without using the services of a real estate professional.
Real estate agents are trained and experienced in negotiation and, in most cases, the seller is not. Sellers must realize that their ability to negotiate will determine whether or not they get the best deal for themselves and their families.
Here is a list of some of the people with whom the seller must be prepared to negotiate if they decide to FSBO:
- The buyer who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent who solely represents the best interest of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The termite company if there are challenges
- The buyer’s lender if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers’ participation
- The appraiser if there is a question of value
- The title company if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality if you need to get the CO permits mentioned above
- The buyer’s buyer in case there are challenges with the house your buyer is selling
- Your bank in the case of a short sale
The percentage of sellers who have hired real estate agents to sell their homes has increased steadily over the last 20 years. Let’s get together and discuss all we can do to make the process easier for you.
Things to Consider When Selling Your Home
Spring 2018 Edition
- What's Happening In The Housing Market
- The Housing Market Forecast
- What to Expect When Selling Your House
- Picking The Perfect Partner Agent
To assure that you make the best possible decisions, it's important that you have a knowledgeable agent on your side who is an expert in the local real estate market. Our goal is to provide you with as much information as needed to make well-informed decisions throughout your home purchase or home sale in Westchester County, New York.
To Search ALL Westchester County Real Estate Listings, visit www.Ragette.com
To reach Ralph, please call (or text) 914-202-1101 or send an email to Ralph@WestchesterHomeAdvisor.com